Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Friend Indeed

Over the last couple of days, NittanyBri has been doing some work "important to national security." (I think those are the exact words.) I knew he'd be out of town for a couple of days. I was kind of excited that I'd get the bed to myself. Well, mostly to myself with a couple of furry exceptions.

I was also waiting to see if our dog Jasmine would show any signs of his being gone because Brian seems to think he's been replaced as the most important human in Jasmine's eyes. I told him she was eating, a lot actually, and didn't seem to be phased by his absence. That is until last night. I had the doors open and she sat by the front door patiently watching and waiting. She didn't come up on the bed until after I shut the doors. Yea, she misses dear old dad. So do I for that matter. Even with the thrill of having the entire bed to myself.

Aside from that, my car battery decided to die yesterday too. And, with Brian gone, I had to call a friend to come rescue me. Thank goodness for friends nearby! That same friend will be my chauffeur today as well so that I can get to another friends birthday celebration on time this evening. Thankfully, I always seem to be taken care of and for that, I am thankful!

No comments: