Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Christmas Meme

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Anyone who wants to play along, feel free. Try not to be a SCROOGE!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both!
2. Real tree or Artificial? None :(
3. When do you put up the tree? Sorta answered this already
4. When do you take the tree down? Don't have to worry about that.
5. Do you like egg nog? Yeppers! YUM!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably a bike or TV
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yea, but it's in the attick and I think about digging it out and putting in on my fireplace mantle.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Brian, he usually buys what he wants and never says, "oh, that's cool, I'd like that."
9. Easiest person to buy for? Patrick, he likes food and is a college student.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, there is no other way.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Exercise equipment/gear
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If I see something anytime I get it and will save it, otherwise, whenever I really start thinking about what people would like.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas dinner and/or cookies.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? If I put one up, colored, that wasn't a racist remark either.
17. Favorite Christmas song? In the Bleak Midwinter
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, and Olive is my favorite!
20. Angel on the tree top or star? I think I have a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Hopefully I have a ton of gifts to open, so BOTH!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People out on the roads going to the mall.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have an angel ornament that is really old. A mouse chomped the wing and it's kinda funny.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Veggies, stuffing, mashed potatoes
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To take a trip somewhere warm.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Brian and Interstellar Lass, maybe Bone, maybe Michael
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? That's hard to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love gift bags for their ease-of-wrapping odd shaped gifts. But I love paper and decorating packages.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real! Or at least it will be when we finally get around to buying one this week.
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we have time. Hopefully before Christmas Eve!
4. When do you take the tree down? Early mid-January probably.
5. Do you like egg nog? Mmmhmmm. Extra whiskey in mine please.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got an outfit once that looked like the girl in the ZZ Top music video 'Legs'. Mini-skirt, pearlescent tights, pink ruffly socks, white shoes. I was HOTTT.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but we do have an electric Menorah.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom. She's not a collector and is really picky.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Nick. Giftcards and books.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, there is no other way.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? All the clothes I got from my step-dad's mom. HIDEOUS!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Jim Carrey's How the Grinch stole Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually last minute.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe once.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dessert
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored. But I'd like to go clear. Easier to replace dead bulbs without worring about the color pattern!
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I think so...
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. My ex's family always does Christmas Eve though, so it used to be both. Glad to be back to doing it right!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The fact that people promote good will, but then let it go after the 'holiday season'.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Well, I was going to say I like glass blue balls, but it made me giggle. I have a bunch of ornaments from when I was a kid, but my favorite one is the little plastic tree with the decorate-your-own paper inside. One side was decorated like a tree, and the other said "I love Wham!".
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Last year I made beef bourginon and it was SOOOOO good.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To have it be less stressful than usual.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I'm only responding in comments myself...so me!
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Anyone that doesn't read this.