Sunday, December 02, 2007

I Am Penn State

Bet you never thought you'd see these words written on this blog at least. Well, it's true. I was accepted at Penn State as part of their graduate program where I'll be majoring in American Studies.


American Studies focuses on the culture, society and folklore in America with some classes dealing with museum studies and administration. And since I want to work in a museum or some sort of historical preservation job when I'm done with all this, are two of the reasons I decided on this area of study.


I was beginning to lose hope in hearing from Penn State as it has been a couple of months since I had submitted my paperwork and had asked my professors from my undergraduate studies to send in letters of recommendation to PSU. I was just starting to get lazy again to; enjoying the couch a little too much, and not having to worry about homework. That's a good feeling!


On the other hand, I'm looking again for a challenge and have that goal of having a job that I go to every day that I really love.









Disclaimer: The aforementioned information in no way indicates that the claimant has forsaken Notre Dame as her favorite college football team. Nor does she claim allegiance to named university for anything other than academics.

6 comments:

NittanyBri said...

All that and no vomiting?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I knew you would get in.

MarkD60 said...

Good luck and good grades!

SnotSucker said...

Congrats! I wasn't aware ND still had a football team?

Carnealian said...

AW, no you didn't! You're goin down Snot!

P.S. Thanks for all the well wishes to everyone else!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Do you show up to class in dark glasses and a wig?

I'd love to go back to school. Maybe one day when the kids are grown.