Tuesday, June 13, 2006

We Have A Winner!

Mrs. Interstellar Lass was very correct in her guess that I was in NYC over the weekend.

My travel companion had lots to see in the city, so we did the whole Rockerfeller Plaza, St. Patrick's Cathedral and walk up 5th Ave. tour. Including the highly anticipated perusal of Tiffany's. My favorite place on 5th Ave. anyway. We walked further up 5th to Trump Towers and finally F.A.O. Schwartz complete with a greeting from a fairy princess and two live soldiers.

Since the day was nice, we decided not to spend the day inside a museum but instead hopped a downtown train and did a little walking in both the East and West Village, visited Chelsea, NoHo, SoHo and some of Little Italy. This walking tour allowed us to see one of the more bizarre things I've seen in NYC. That was the Indian festival that was going on in Washington Square Park. Well, it was more or less a Hare Krishna festival. They were even giving away free vegetarian meals, which looked darned good! There was lots of music, chanting, sari's and bald heads. It was quite fascinating!

One of the final stops was to visit my poet friends Susan and Brigid. You may remember them from their trip up to Harrisburg last year when they read at a local poetry reading.

Prior to hopping the bus back to PA, we made an attempt to get some goodies at the Magnolia Bakery but the line was just too long. Better planning is needed for the next trip. Their cupcakes are sooo yummy!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! No Fair!! Lass cheated by like knowing stuff and actually trying. I demand a recount!!!

Anonymous said...

I would have fit right in with the Hari Krishna's with my bald coconut...
Sounds like a great weekend.
Sorry I missed the Monday guessing game ;(

~m

Bone said...

Mmm cupcakes!

I'm hungry.