Tuesday, July 10, 2007

New Stuff

I've added a couple of new things to my sidebar. I suspect you've all noticed already and have checked them out (wink!) But, just in case you haven't:


I have linked the website for Leaping Bunny. You conscious consumers out there may recognise this logo and know that if you see it, the product hasn't been tested on animals. YAY!! Not all companies use this logo, some will make a statement about not testing, some companies like Avon, Revlon, Estee Lauder haven't tested in years but the packaging says nothing. I usually use the PETA web site to look up companies to see if they do or don't test on animals, this web site will do the same. Thankfully, this web site doesn't have all the pictures on that PETA does that make me want to put my head on my desk and cry (thankfully.)


This here nifty little web site that belongs to a cousin of NittanyBri. She lives in New Mexico and makes the most fabulous one of a kind purses. She'll sew beads or money into the bags as decorations. Sometimes the purses are made of vintage kimonos. All the purses are named after goddesses. Groovy, huh? Guys, these would make great gifts for the ladies in your life. Ladies, that's you and me Lass, won't they be great presents to get for our birthdays and Christmas and Valentines Day?!?!



I've mentioned these ladies once before. NittanyBri's sister and cousin skate for the Dutchland Rollers. They are a Lancaster County based ladies roller derby team. There are other teams sprouting up called the Distle Finks, The Barn Razors, and The Hex Offenders. There are teams actually nationwide as well as in Canada. I said that I'd like to join a local team I think it'd be a heck of a lot of fun. And, I'd get to come up with a really cool, one of a kind name like some of the other girls: Swoop Deville, Spawna Skatin, Belle Fast Bomber, Treasure "Chest", Haulin' Ash, and Skirt Chaser. I think I'd need help coming up with a name though. Guess I should first get on a team, huh? The Rollers next bout is on July 21, also a birthday of the famous (or infamous) Dutchlad Roller, Mimosa Mama!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh. Those bags are so chic and groovy! I will have to put a bug in someone's ear about that!