Thursday, September 29, 2005

Can You Smell That Smell?

I swear, every time I go to the gym, I have to deal with one or all of the following:

a. The staff is cleaning. Not just running the vacuum but cleaning the glass or mirrors. That requires them to fill the air with some noxious cleaning liquid. Hello, I'm trying to breathe over here...me, the one that's sweating?!?

b. Someone had beans for lunch. It never fails, the person that is somewhere in close proximity to me has some sort of gas issue. Again, I'm trying to breathe, do I have to smell what you had for lunch?

c. And finally, no matter where I am in the gym, I end up being next to the person that decided against using any kind of deodorant that morning. People, if you're going to work out, please, please, don't make the rest of us feel like we're working out in a sub shop.

OK, I'm not perfect. I often get cranked up on whatever music I'm listening to and occasionally sing outloud. I don't see the problem: "I'm not the one who's so far away when I feel the snake bite into my veins. Never did I wanna be here again, and I don’t remember why I came."

1 comment:

Bone said...

I got a whiff of some public gas yesterday, albeit not at the gym. There were only five or six people around. I just look around at them and think, "One of you did this!"