Saturday, October 01, 2005

In These Shoes?

OK, guys obviously see shoes as something other than a fashion statement. Women are different as you are all aware, I'm sure. I would like to share the lyrics of a song from a singer named Kirsty MacColl (God rest her soul.) Ladies, you'll love this...the guys will tune out about .259 seconds into line one.

I once met a man with a sense of adventure
He was dressed to thrill wherever he went
He said "Let's make love on a mountain top
Under the stars on a big hard rock "
I said "In these shoes? I don't think so
I said "Honey, let's do it here."
So I'm sitting at a bar in Guadalajara
In walks a guy with a faraway look in his eyes
He said "I've got as powerful horse outside
Climb on the back, I'll take you for a ride
I know a little place, we can get there for the break of day."
I said "In these shoes?"
"No way, Jose"
I said "Honey, let's stay right here."
No le gusta caminar. No puede montar a caballo (She doesn't like to walk, she can't ride a horse) Como se puede bailar? Es un escandolo (But the way she dances, it's a scandal)
Then I met an Englishman "Oh" he said
"Won't you walk up and down my spine? It makes me feel strangely alive."
I said "In these shoes? I doubt you'd survive. I said "Honey, let's do it. Let's stay right here."
No le gusta caminar. No puede montar a caballo (She doesn't like to walk, she can't ride a horse) Como se puede bailar? Es un escandolo (But the way she dances, it's a scandal)

Can I get a witness Ladies!

2 comments:

Carnealian said...

They both sound like fun! Will have to look out for them. I see one of my favorite books, The Life of Pi is soon to be a movie. The book was great. Hope the movie is too! And, who isn't waiting for DaVinci Code to come out?!? YAY!!

The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

Miss me?