Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Curses!

I tried in desperation to just close my eyes and go to sleep but no. The thought that Penn State may actually lose at the Orange Bowl was too much temptation. So, I flicked on the TV and there were the repeated missed field goals. I think I even cheered out loud on one of them even in my sleepy state! Then came the triple overtime. But, it wasn't going to happen, some how Penn State won that freaking game. And as Fin and I were discussing today, the Penn State fans around here need to keep their yaps shut. Florida State gave them a run for their money even though they were only ranked 22.

Next time I have to remember to add more wing of bat instead of eye of newt. Dang!

7 comments:

Bone said...

I just now realized you were saying Fin, rather than effin'.

What's a newt? Is that like a lizard?

Anonymous said...

It's TONGUE of bat...it's wing to make someone annoying go away!
effin'-fin, same diff...Go Fightin'Irish, Go Huskers, Go Bulldogs!

Unknown said...

I was busy with other things last night, and missed the game. Of course, I would have missed it anyway.

And findley, BOO to the Huskers!!!

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

one of the great games of all time. my boys suprised me, i thought they would not hang in there. only two teams I do not mind losing to, Penn, and Nebraska, as both schools, have the classiest fans. No TV here, one of the few times I regreted it.

Unknown said...

We are classy here in Nebraska, as long as there is football to distract the natives. Otherwise we're back to cousin kissin, rat huntin and heavy drinkin

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i thought that was kansas?

Unknown said...

Kansas wishes they were as classy as us. Their own cousins won't kiss them, so they have to kiss cows.