2. I have to take Lester, a.k.a. Mr. Kitzer to the vet today so he can have blood work done. He's usually pretty good at the vet, he doesn't need to go in a carrier I can just put him on a leash. The problems usually start when the staff tries to pet him.
3. I'm feeling better but still have a pretty good hack going on. I'm sure everyone that sits around me at work wants to choke me by the end of the day.
4. The blog world will collide in a small way this weekend. Three of your favorite bloggers, Mattandriver, Dorman and yours truly will be going out to celebrate Dean's homecoming and Mattandrivers birthday.
5. We will be celebrating Dean's homecoming IF he truly does get home this weekend. Seems some branches of our armed forces aren't as adept in shuffling paperwork as others!
6. I actually heard birds chirping this morning when I was walking in to work. Either I've not been paying attention or the birds were up early and enjoying the slightly warmer temps this morning.
7. While I was at the grocery store last night, I walked down the dish washing/laundry detergent aisle where there was another couple shopping. I had the distinct feeling that I was going to get my a$$ kicked within the next minute or so by the young lady (if she had been paying attention) because her boyfriend kept staring at me. Guys...if you're gonna check out a girl while you are with your girlfriend, be a little discrete, please?!?
8. Guys if you need tips on how to check someone out on the sly, ask your girlfriend or wife. I think we've gotten it down to a fine art!
9. This weekend starts the annual Pennsylvania Farm Show. It is the largest indoor agricultural event in the United States. This is the 90th year for it and ever since I was a kid have always loved to go see, well actually pet all the animals. This is traditionally a popular thing for families to do, because it's free. However, parking is a nightmare.
10. They now have satellite parking lots where a bus will wind you through the grounds of the PA State Hospital. If you've ever seen the movie Girl Interrupted, much of that movie was filmed in the Harrisburg area including the State Hospital.
11. Farmers from all over the state bring their animals, there is judging on many different levels, the 4H kids show their animals and agricultural products.
12. Aside from petting all the cute animals, the next best thing is the food. The Farm Show is known for their baked potatoes which really aren't any different than any other potato but are served slathered in a pound of butter. What isn't better with a pound of butter?? Then there's the milkshakes. I don't know what makes them better, but they just are.
13. Other things you can see at the Farm Show include the butter sculpture, the sheep to shawl competition (one of my personal favorites), and square dancing. The square dancing is often televised on a local cable access channel. Ah, there's nothing like seeing rotund women in loud colored, crinoline skirts that make them look shorter and even wider.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants