Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bei Kunrong

In my East Asian class we had to find out our Chinese names inspired by our English names. You can get your Chinese name here if you want to.


The first character or surname was chosen according to the spelling of my English name. The middle character of my name-Kun means earth, feminine, female. This name would traditionally be chosen by the grandparents. The last character of my name rong means appearance, tolerant.


I was born in the year of the horse.


In our last class we had to use traditional Chinese paint brushes made from animal hair and bamboo to paint our names.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feng Tianfu here. Year of the Tiger. Reowwww. ;)

MarkD60 said...

I am Tong Mu Rong!

Anonymous said...

So, that's what "Carneypants" looks like in Chinese :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I am Jiang Meng Sheng, born in the year of the Horse

Bone said...

Tai Jue Fu here. Year of the Ox. Represayunt!

(PS: Sounds like a very cool class.)

NittanyBri said...

I am Lu Bin ren. Born in the year of the chicken. Funny, all my life it's been the year of the rooster. Guess I've had a Chinese zodiac sex change...