Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Sincerest Form of Flattery

Tonight I almost gave up on my idea of what to do with those plastic water bottles. I was working away and the glue wasn't sticking, it was terribly frustrating. Then, things started coming together.

This is the found object sculpture and everyone in the class is making really awesome pieces out of hubcaps, musical instruments, rain gutters and so on. The one girl in my class is making a fountain. And, she told me tonight that one aspect of her fountain she is creating was inspired by me from our last project which was a wire project. So, I was thrilled that I was able to inspire someone.

The end of the semester is fast approaching. I hope to get a picture of the wire project as well as this found object project and post them here.

I am very much looking forward to the end of this semester even though the classes I've taken this semester have had little homework and have been somewhat lacking in difficulty. I don't anticipate any kind of final for either of the classes this semester either. I am looking forward to having the summer off from school which will hopefully give me the rest I need before I take on the fall semester which I hope to be attending full time.

Talk about a change of pace! I have scheduled my full time classes and will only have to go on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. I think I will also be doing an independent study course related to art history in some way. That scares the crap out of me because basically it will end with one, giant research paper.

However, I will only have one more semester to go after the fall and I will graduate. Then I will be cast out into the cruel, cruel world once again. And for graduation...party, my house, everyone's invited!

5 comments:

Jim said...

I did not realize that turning trash into treasure could be so exhausting, turning treasure into trash takes almost no effort at all :)

Unknown said...

I'll bring the rubber chicken, the jumper cables, and my rubber suit for the party. Someone else will have to bring the canned peaches and the vasaline.

MarkD60 said...

I have found that the classes I think will be easy are harder than expected and the classes I think will be hard are easier than expected.

Barry S. said...

Party at carnealian's house! Whoo hoo!

I hope you know the local police.

I am very envious you are graduating soon. That is awesome. I have another year to go before I graduate.

What is your major?

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i am sure alcohol will not be involved and it will be a typical amish party.