Tuesday, November 08, 2005

American Graffiti

I thought of writing this entry a couple of months ago when I saw this really awesome piece of graffiti artwork on the back of the local Kmart. It amazes me what can be conveyed through a simple collection of lines and colors. I would see this work every day upon leaving the gym. I thought, I better remember to bring my camera tomorrow because certainly someone will have to get rid of that. And, of course they did before I was able to get a picture.

However, when on my walk down by the river this weekend, I did come across some other graffiti work. Some of you will find it quite humorous I'm sure.

5 comments:

Coyote Mike said...

It makes me think of that group of women who, before the last election, came up with an interesting anti-Bush protest . . . They shaved their pubic hair off and claimed they were the "No More Bush" girls. I'm not making this shit up.

Graffiti wise, I like to watch train-paintings. It can be like a mobile art gallery.

MarkD60 said...

I have seen some really great graffitti. I'm pretty sure there's websites dedicated to it.

InterstellarLass said...

There's a car in my neighborhood that has an anti-Bush sticket. "The only Bush I trust is my own."

mman said...

Some graffitti is art, some is just vandalism.

SnotSucker said...

Nice pics...now go get that paint off your hands!!