Thursday, November 17, 2005

Misc.

First, I must make a correction on something I said yesterday. The Beaujolais Nouveau was in stores in the States as of today. See, it was a little too mathy for me to figure out that the planes left France as of minuit their time which would get them here first thing in the a.m. here. So, needless to say I've had my first taste of this years grapes. It's manifique!

Second, I wanted to update you on the murders from Lititz...not Li Titz, Lititz, PA that I blogged about the other day. Seems boyfriend wasn't so sweet and innocent as we may have originally thought.

Third, I just noticed that there are plenty of Xmas decorations up around Harrisburg as well as surrounding cities. Additionally, there is a station locally that has recently decided it was time to start playing Christmas songs 24/7...that's just wrong on November 18!!!

I've also been reading lately about all the bodies that have recently been found in New Orleans since people are returning to their homes. I read this absolutely gut-wrenching story about a man that had to leave his dead mothers body to board a bus to get out of the city. We know the stories about people leaving their animals which again, I don't think I could do even if I had to look death in the face. But, I saw this picture recently and it gave me a good feeling and made me think...now that's my kind of flight!


These were animals left behind when people fled New Orleans. They flew them to different animal shelters in the U.S. I would love to have a house full of the cats and dogs from NO. It just breaks my heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is alot of guns that that kid had. And I don't quite buy the whole "The girl is a victim" thing. I'm sure she had some sort of part in it. But I could be wrong. Even if she did, she would be smart to play the victim, instead of the accessory.