Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Thankful Things about Carnealian

1. I'm thankful that my parents loved each other enough to bring me into this world just a short 29 years ago!
2. I'm thankful for all the babysitting my sister had to do when I came along. This seriously put a crimp in her dating life considering she was 17 when I was born!
3. I'm thankful for the neighbors that took in my dad and sister the day I was born. They're still my neighbors and just called me the other day to ask if I was sick since they saw my car in the driveway all week. They're in their 90's and are the most wonderful people!
4. I'm thankful for all my friends past and present who made and continue to make my birthday a very special day.
5. I'm thankful for surprise visits from friends bearing birthday gifts!
6. I'm thankful to be able to spend my day with my sister, brother-in-law and nephew. Patrick will be going off to some military academy next year when he graduates from high school. So, this will be our last Thanksgiving together for some time.
7. I'm thankful for the family that are no longer with us us at this Thanksgiving. Those people that cooked and cleaned and loved us unconditionally and made us all a family.
8. I'm thankful for my blog buddies who make me laugh all the time, engage me in conversation, make me think outside the box and make me smarter!
9. I'm thankful for rekindled friendships. Please be sure to stop by Dean's blog and wish him a Happy Thanksgiving.
10. I'm thankful for snowy nights when I don't have to go anywhere and I can throw some logs on the fire, and warm my feet and fall asleep there.
11. I will be thankful when this research paper is done!
12. I'm thankful for new found friends.

13. I'm thankful for the the sad times for they make me appreciate all the good ones.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving all of you!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday baby girl! love you like a sister! i am thankful i have you...if for nothing else...to go to the pit with...but there are many other reasons.

Bone said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for our chats, and you're one of the best commenters on my blog ;-)

Dorman said...

I am thankful we all stopped counting at 29 :)